CTMH Planner Fun

I've spent this past weekend browsing online the MANY wonderful ideas for decorating and using my CTMH planner.  At first I wasn't going to do much of that but then I realized I needed just a couple of things to make my life easier so I decided to give it a whirl.

First off, stamping on my monthly pages...just makes them look a bit more fun and personal to me.  It took me about 5 minutes to stamp using Peacock and Pomegranate.  Then I chose to stamp an I'm age from this month's SOTM to remind me what it is.  Here is the photo I shared previously of that:


Something I learned from this is that if you are rushing, you should not try to stamp on the pages WHILE the pages are in the planner.  My SOTM flower is messed up as a result but now I know what to do in the future.





Next, I wanted to make another pocket to use in the planner.  Again, going fast and not paying attention, one of my paper patterns ended upside down but it doesn't bother me at all.  I used two pieces of the My Crush insert pages which match the planner to make the pockets you see here.  The second is a bit narrower than the first but it works me.  I sealed the sides with tape runner and wash tape:



Finally, many of you know that I plan my meals for the week, sometimes doing a bulk of the prep ahead of time.  I wanted a menu listing in my planner but with a family that changes plans on me frequently, I knew I wanted to use post-it notes so I could switch the meals around.  I ended up making a Weekly Menu listing and attaching it to the back of my "TODAY" page finder.  Here are the supplies I used to do this:


I used Cotton Candy, Gypsy and Lagoon inks and the D1572 stamp set "My Life" which comes with the Artbooking Cricut bundle.  I stamped the days of the week on one of the My Crush sheets, trimmed it down and attached it to the Page Finder with Washi tape (no other adhesive used so that I can remove it in the future if I don't like it).  I then used small post it strips from a different day planner I just stopped using to list the meals I plan to make.  If and when my sons change plans on me, I can move the meals around to suit the tastes and number of family members who will be home that night.  Here is a close up version of the Page Finder (this is on the BACK):
Again, I could have done a better job making sure all the washi tape was perfectly lined up on the front but, meh, who cares? Its done and its mine! On the front, I have plenty of space to use cute post its for other reminder and it adds some pops of color to my week since I use certain inks for certain things/family members.

At any rate, it took me longer to type this blog post (20 min) than it took to make either of these things.  If you are interested in adding to your own planner, or checking out the CTMH planner in person, my next crop night is Friday, January 22nd from 7-11 pm (and just $5 per cropper).

I am loving this line of products and hope you will check them out soon! Next time, I will be talking about the new paper packets and Workshops  Your Way, which I think my Peeps will LOVE!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Poole's Peeps Blog Design by Ipietoon